Product Price :Get Latest Price
|Available Packaging||1, 4, 10 & 20 ltrs.|
|Density||1.28 @ 25 deg C, g/cc|
|Solid Content||Min 48 %|
|Bonding Strength||Excellent to porous substrates|
|Tensile Strength||More than 2.0 N/mm2 ASTM D 412|
|Efflorescence Resistance||No efflorescence in paint film|
Dr. Fixit Primeseal is water-based primer composed of acrylic emulsion polymer, properly selected fine fillers, white pigments & additives in water as a medium. It is used as primer over exterior & interior building walls before application of water based paints.Standard Compliance / Specification:
- Meets the requirement of ASTM D 1227 – 87, Type III standard.
- Priming of plastered walls, asbestos, concrete surface, etc.
Method of Application:Surface Preparation:
- Efflorescence: Provides excellent efflorescence resistance due to its chemical inertness.
- Bonding: Good binding of chalky or porous substrates and over coating.
- Suitability: Used as a primer on internal and external surfaces.
- Alkali resistant: Based on chemically inert polymers hence suitable for high alkaline substrates.
- Penetration: Provides deep penetration thus imparts excellent substrate adhesion.
- Surface for treatment must be thoroughly cleaned of all laitance, loose material, oil, grease, etc.
- Mechanical means such as wire brushing & water jet etc. can be used.
- All surface cracks up to 5 mm width should be filled up with Dr. Fixit Crack X. Cracks more than 5 mm upto 10 mm shall be treated with Dr. Fixit shrinkfree and all separation gaps should be filled up with Dr. Fixit Pidicrete URP modified mortar or as specified.
Precautions & Limitations:
- Dilute Dr. Fixit Primeseal with water in proportion of 2:1 and stir well until a uniform consistency is achieved.
- Apply a single coat of diluted Dr. Fixit Primeseal on the cleaned substrate & allow it to dry for 2 to 3 hours before commencing to further finish coats.
- Only 50% dilution is recommended for Dr. Fixit Primeseal by water.
- Excess water on substrate must be removed by suitable means.
- Do not apply during rains or in direct sunlight.
- Do not tint the primer.
- If the surface has excess moisture then there is possibility of blister formation in case of all liquid applied membrane coatings.
- 8–10 m2 / ltr / coat coverage may vary depending upon the nature and texture of the substrate.
Health & Safety:
- Shelf life is 36 months from the date of manufacturing if stored in original and unopened packaging in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Caution should always be exercised while handling of any chemical products.
- Skin Contact: Wash skin with soap & water. Remove contaminated clothes.
- On eye contact: Immediately splash eyes with plenty of water. Consult Physician if irritation persists.
- Ingestion: Do not induce vomiting. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Call a Physician.